Old Peters' Russian Tales
This is an Engine House Classic.
It has no ISBN.
Category: Fiction, Short Stories, Literature
Softcover, 192 pages, 6" x 9"; first Engine House Books edition
This Engine House Classic edition faithfully reproduces the text and illustrations of the original
1916 edition. Arthur Ransome collected these folk stories during trips to Russia in the years 1913 to 1915.
- The Hut in the Forest
- The Tale of the Silver Saucer and the Transparent Apple
- The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship
- Baba Yaga
- The Cat who Became Head-Forester
- Spring in the Forest
- The Little Daughter of the Snow
- Prince Ivan, the Witch Baby, and the Little Sister of the Sun
- The Stolen Turnips, the Magic Tablecloth, the Sneezing Goat, and the Wooden Whistle
- Little Master Misery
- A Chapter of Fish
- The Golden Fish
- Who Lived in the Skull?
- Alenoushka and her Brother
- The Fire-Bird, the Horse of Power, and the Princess Vasilissa
- The Hunter and his Wife
- The Three Men of Power -- Evening, Midnight, and Sunrise
- The Christening in the Village
This edition of Old Peter's Russian Tales
is available only from Engine House Books through Lulu
All our hard-copy titles with an ISBN are in the standard book-distribution system and should be available from online and bricks-and-mortar stores.
All our hard-copy titles, regardless of whether they have an ISBN, are available at our store on lulu.com
This page conforms to all current web standards published by the
World Wibe Web Consortium.
In particular, it has been verified as valid HTML 4.01 and as valid CSS, and should display and function
correctly in all standards-compliant browsers.